Thread: Keyboard problem

Beans

Keyboard problem

If this question doesnt belong here let me know ,Ill try to find another place for it. When setting up the language in system/preference/keyboard I set up USA and with that there will be Romanian(standard) there also. That set up gives me about 10 keys on the right side of the keyboard Colon, semi colon, more then, less then, parenthesise etc.all of them type in different letters that I have to assume is from the Romanian (standard). So I erase Romanian standard and the keyboard works but every time i reboot the program Romanian(standard) comes back and so does my screwed up keyboard. Any suggestion. Im a beginner so make it simple please.(țȚȘș‚¬ÓőăĂ:,) some examples. Thank you for the help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Keyboard problem

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Anderson View Post
    If this question doesnt belong here let me know ,Ill try to find another place for it. When setting up the language in system/preference/keyboard I set up USA and with that there will be Romanian(standard) there also. That set up gives me about 10 keys on the right side of the keyboard Colon, semi colon, more then, less then, parenthesise etc.all of them type in different letters that I have to assume is from the Romanian (standard). So I erase Romanian standard and the keyboard works but every time i reboot the program Romanian(standard) comes back and so does my screwed up keyboard. Any suggestion. Im a beginner so make it simple please.(țȚȘș‚¬ÓőăĂ:,) some examples. Thank you for the help.
    You need to click on "Apply Stystemwide" (see attached picture)
    That will prompt you for supervisor password and then save your changes permanently.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Take nothing but photographs. Leave nothing but footprints.

Beans

Re: Keyboard problem

[QUOTE=worksofcraft;10461532]You need to click on "Apply Stystemwide" (see attached picture)
    That will prompt you for supervisor password and then save your changes permanently.[/QUO****************** Thanks for the response, I tried what you suggested but it didn't work. What is happening is I erase the Romanian standard and leave the USA in but when I reboot the Romanian (standard) comes back, the USA stays there but the Romanian (standard) is there also. I do believe that that is how it is suppose to be. But it is suppose to opperate with the language from the language that is at the top of the list. But in my cases Ițm getting parts of both languages on my keyboard. Mostly USA but a little Romanian standard