Thread: Making videos with blue screen / green screen etc

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Question Making videos with blue screen / green screen etc

Are there tools, forums, websites to help with doing this, as a play project?

My children keep asking how they do the effects in Harry Potter, Star Wars etc and I was just wondering whether is was possible to film them jumping about in front of a green sheet (wearing nothing green) and then pass that video through some tools extract them from the green background and put them over some other background.

Can it be as simple as that just to show them how these things are done? And what Linux tools would I need?

--- Morat

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Making videos with blue screen / green screen etc

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage...d_monahan.html

To get you started...
    As for the Linux video tools, I am sure others will soon jump in and recommend all the tools available.... do not do a lot of video ( mostly stills) so cannot recommend... I always forget which one I finally use to get the stuff I need (usually only once a year )

EDIT:
    ps, if you need grreen background cheap then try using the rolls of green poster paper from Staples... worked for me in a photo shoot...
    Last edited by Zimmer; February 15th, 2011 at 01:18 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Making videos with blue screen / green screen etc

blender will do it. you may be able to find something that'll do a bad job simply and quickly though. blender will do a great job, but with it comes some complicated stuff.