Thread: Issues remaining connected to wireless network

Hybrid View

Beans

Issues remaining connected to wireless network

After many years of Using MacOS and Windows, and feeling pretty competent to resolve any issues with those by myself I set about giving Ubuntu 10.10 a go. its a strange feeling to not be a prima dona any more and going back to being a complete n00b.

So anyway, multiple issues with the install, only the Netbook version seemed to want to do anything at all, and that was just run from disk, but after two days i finally got 10.10 desktop installed and running fine.

Learning my way around the system, its easier than i expected. the main problem is not knowing automatically what a program is for just by the name, but all is going well until...

wireless network disconnected

refusal to reconnect

restart

all going fine for 2 minutes

wireless network disconnected

refuses once again to connect to the network...

Start thanking my lucky stars i decided to dual boot to get used to it rather than throwing myself in the deep end.

any idea's why it wont stay connected to the network? any ways to resolve this?

Im using a Belkin RT2500 USB wireless adaptor, its seeing the network with almost full signal, it just wont stay connected for more than 2-3 minutes, and always refuses to reconnect.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Issues remaining connected to wireless network

try this: http://wicd.sourceforge.net/

to install try this in the terminal

sudo apt-get install wicd

or use Ubuntu Software Center