Thread: Unable to boot into ubuntu. "speech-dispatcher disabled" may have to do with it

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Unhappy Unable to boot into ubuntu. "speech-dispatcher disabled" may have to do with it

I'm trying to install Ubuntu on my second computer, the only problem is ,and it's somewhat major, is that I am completely unable to boot into ubuntu be it from cd dvd or usb. I kept on getting stuck at the plymouth screen with 4 full dots but it wouldn't do anything. So I pressed escape to see the text of what's happening and for some reason it keeps on getting stuck aftesr saying
    Code:
    speech-dispatcher disabled; edit /etc/default/speech-dispatcher
    Anyone know how i can fix this and install ubuntu on my computer without any problems?
    GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND
    restoring grub

Beans
    Distro

Re: Unable to boot into ubuntu. "speech-dispatcher disabled" may have to do with it

Anyone? please...Bump
    GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND
    restoring grub

Beans

Re: Unable to boot into ubuntu. "speech-dispatcher disabled" may have to do with it

HI Foxheadz,

just a friendly community followup, were you able to resolve this issue?
    if so kindly share the solution if you have time and mark the thread as solved.

it might be possible that you were using a really new version of ubuntu that still had bugs?

cheers!

Beans
    Distro

Nope it was definitely the normal release and I discovered the spamming the enter key during boot sometimes resulted in a normal start, but as thats a weird and not a constant fix I would not count this problem as solved.
    GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND
    restoring grub

Beans

Cool Re: Unable to boot into ubuntu. "speech-dispatcher disabled" may have to do with it

i have the same problem

Beans

I just now got the same error, It actually halts right after that something like Checking battery status.

The way I was able to get into Ubuntu GUI was, hitting Cntrl + F2

Im new to Ubuntu not sure what log files to look at.

Anyone?