Thread: Forum redesign for 11.04?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Forum redesign for 11.04?

Hi all,

I just found this old post (http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/10/u...-before-natty/) and I wondered whether it is worked on it?

Having a uniform design over all of the Ubuntu pages would be really nice to see!

Toxicbits
    Help spamming the spammers. Copy this onto your website and the crawlers will collect email-adresses of other spammers: <a href="http://english-210380056132.spampoison.com">Fight S p_a m! Click Here!</a>

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Forum redesign for 11.04?

It is indeed being worked on. Once the new hardware is in place (see the announcement), we will look at the new theme.

As things go, the theme will not be changed until we upgrade to the latest version of vBulletin

ivanovnegro is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

It is great to see some progress also on themeing as at the moment it is looking very old school in comaprison to Maverick. It reminds me of the older Ubuntu releases.
    And of course its great to hear that the new hardware is now coming to improve the performance of the Forums.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

OK thanks for the info
    Help spamming the spammers. Copy this onto your website and the crawlers will collect email-adresses of other spammers: <a href="http://english-210380056132.spampoison.com">Fight S p_a m! Click Here!</a>

Beans

Mmm... that does look interesting. Clearly someone with eye for professional design crafted that. Cool.

Beans

For now, there's this
    Use what works out best for you, whether it be Windows, Mac OS X or Linux. It isn't rocket science.

No longer active here.

Beans

As long as TJ's Dark styles still work via Stylish, my eyes will remain very happy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by handy View Post
    As long as TJ's Dark styles still work via Stylish, my eyes will remain very happy.
    I seriously doubt that style will still work right after the update. It was my very first style and its highly specific about elements and images and stuff, so every little differnce in the layout will proabably screw things right up.

My newer UF style Ubuntu Forums KISS has a far better chance of working with the updated forum because I tried to keep everything simple and generic by using universal selectors. Not to mention that its way shorter then the one your using, so it will be much easier to fix what little stuff does get screwed up.

The only downside is that it doesn't look nearly as fancy, but at the same time its extremely easy to customize all the colors.

Beans

It looks the same (at a glance) as TJsSimpleDark, & whatever its called that you made for us to use on the Arch forum (which is down for me at the moment by the way). Which is fine by my eyes, thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Quadunit404 View Post
    For now, there's this
    Least they use 64-bit data hash rather than to have the images off-site. Also, thanks for this, spices up the ubuforums nicely.
    AMD PII X6 @ 3.63 GHz - 16 GB DDR3 (1600 No OC) - ASUS Crosshair V Formula
    SB X-Fi 2 Sound (8ch) - Intel 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet - Win 8 Pro. x64
    AMD R HD 7950 (SAPPHIRE) - WD CG 500GB - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler