Thread: What's the significance of the upcoming changes for LTS users(10.04, in particular)?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

What's the significance of the upcoming changes for LTS users(10.04, in particular)?

Regarding Unity, Gnome3, etc.
    What is the significance of the upcoming changes for LTS users? (10.04, in particular)

If applications or windows behavior will be different in Unity, Gnome3, etc.
    Does it mean that developers will deliver or code 2 different applications? one that works prior and post 10.10?

Are we going to be affected? and by affected I mean forced to upgrade to a newer Ubuntu version.

I'm asking this because I like and I feel comfortable with my actual setup and above all I am having fun with it and use it on a daily basis.

I do know that in order to progress, changes are needed to be done. And by all means I am not against this changes,
    I see all the effort the community is making for all this things to happen and it is incredibly overwhelming.

I will attribute this question to my lack of experience.

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: What's the significance of the upcoming changes for LTS users(10.04, in particula

As long as you continue to download and install the updates to !0.04 Lucid Lynx, you are good for three years (well 2 years and a few months.) That is the advantage to a LTS version. If you are not concerned about the cutting edge goodies and are satisfied to have a very good OS that you can get used to, a LTS version is the way to go. Just because there are new versions released every six months does not mean that you have to install them. I use Lucid on my netbook and my laptop and will continue to use it for a while.

Beans

Re: What's the significance of the upcoming changes for LTS users(10.04, in particula

Forwarded to the Recurring Discussions sub-forum where the conversation can be continued in the near future when the Cafe is reopened.
    Cheers & Beers, uRock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]