Thread: Volume applet - mind of it's owm

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Volume applet - mind of it's owm

Occasionally all by it's self my volume notification pops up. Seems to happens mostly when I am doing keyboard input.

Removed the applet from gnome-panel but would still get the mystery notification pop up.
    Also for the last month or so memory usage goes up as system is up and running. Checking top how lost of memory usage but no correlating programs to account for the high usage. Posted this on other could this be realated.

Could this be something sinister going on

Beans
    Distro

Re: Volume applet - mind of it's owm

After several updates which seemed to have solved other issues this still persists only 113 views so must not be an issue with other users this would not be a big issue except that it's actually changing the volume levels when it pops up and googling hasn't revealed much on this problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by silvagroup View Post
    After several updates which seemed to have solved other issues this still persists only 113 views so must not be an issue with other users this would not be a big issue except that it's actually changing the volume levels when it pops up and googling hasn't revealed much on this problem.
    Glad to see your memory issues have subsided.

As far as the volume notifications go are you 100% sure you are not hitting any keyboard shortcuts for the volume control as i cannot think of any other reason why you would get that issue.

Kind regards
    If you believe everything you read, you better not read. ~ Japanese Proverb

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed. - Mark Twain

Thinking about becoming an Ubuntu Member?

Beans
    Distro

It happens when I am just typing from the keyboard in some text input.
    I have never set up any short cuts for volume maybe there are some set as default so I will need to check that out, that could be a possibility, but not sure at this point what the short cuts would be.
    Thanks for the suggestion will research that right now.

Beans
    Distro

With 11.04 upgrade problem went away, sorry did not post, but recently problem has re-emerged, also happens on my laptop, again I have changed nothing, now I don't have to be typing it just pops up as it wants.
    Not sure where to even begin with this one. if this is affecting anybody else maybe a bug needs to be posted.