Thread: proxy using multiple ssh connections to route traffic to the apropriate jump box

Beans

Cool proxy using multiple ssh connections to route traffic to the apropriate jump box

hey guys... sorry if this has alreay been covered hear... but i did a quick search and couldent find anything....

what i want to do is set up a proxy box on my network that has ssh connections to 3 diffrent jump boxes... so that computers on my network can use this proxy to access all servers behind the 3 jumpboxes without holding the 3 ssh tunnels itself..

example...

me types into browser 192.168.3.20 traffic gose from me to the proxy.. which then decides which ssh tunnel to send the traffic over.. and they sends it to the jumpbox wich sends the request to the server [jump boxes are already set up to do this]

[have attached a diagram.... it apears ascii diagrams are hard to do in this forum....]

[edit] just a quick note... the proxy dosent have direct connection to these jump boxes... they are actualy accessed via the interent.... i just wasnt all that imaganative with IPs [/edit]
    any ideas would be great
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by creatureofthedark; February 11th, 2011 at 04:17 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: proxy using multiple ssh connections to route traffic to the apropriate jump box

I have done something similar using the tinyproxy package. It is an http proxy that supports multiple upstream proxies.

Beans

Re: proxy using multiple ssh connections to route traffic to the apropriate jump box

hmmm looks interesting i will see if this dose what i need

thank you