Hi everyone...very new to Linux...
I havea few questions I hope you guys can help me out with...
1. Do I need to "defrag" in Linux?
2. Besides S.m.a.r.t. is there any other built in HDD diagnostics tool(s) in Ubuntu 10.10?
3. I want to become good with CLI in Linux so I would like to know some basic things I need to know to get started with using CLI more?
4. Is there a built in backup software in Ubuntu 10.10?
5. I was not connected to the Internet when I installed. I cannot play avi files, mp3's, I am assuming once I get back to shore (I am a Navy IT) I should be able to automatically get all these plugins for these very basic codecs? Thanks