Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: awn-trunk on ubuntu...gnomenu bug

Beans

Re: awn-trunk on ubuntu...gnomenu bug

i went the otherway, kept gnomenu & got rid of cardapio.

i been using cardapio for a long while now, so i think i just want a change. as long as gnomenu still mostly works, i'll keep it for awhile.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by rvchari
    let me see how i can customizr it...
    cardapio takes up the desktop theme looks by default. gnomenu had its own theme.

by the look and feel,(cardapio is lighter in comparision to gnomenu) i think cardapio will stay and gnomenu will make an exit...
    Here's something I liked, then.

If you're using Compiz, put this in the window decoration matching field.

(any) & !(name=CardapioAwnWrapper.py)

That'll force Cardapio to draw as without decorations, like a menu, instead of having the redundant title bar and non-functional buttons. = )

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

ya,
    this way cardapio looks better and stripped off the unnecessary buttons !!! minimalistic ? !
    Ubuntu + Linux = UbunTux !!! Gr8 combo !!!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by kerry_s View Post
    i went the otherway, kept gnomenu & got rid of cardapio.

i been using cardapio for a long while now, so i think i just want a change. as long as gnomenu still mostly works, i'll keep it for awhile.

hahaha...
    its natural to change i was bored with gnomenu anyways and i got irritated after i saw the funny applet crash behaviour every now and then, i ll keep cardapio till something funny pops up and tries my patience to force me to search for an option !!!

Beans

Hi, I am one of the Cardapio developers. I just wanted to comment on a couple of things:

1) Start-up speed: If you don't use the Software Center plugin, just remove it and Cardapio will load several seconds faster. It will also consume some 30MB less memory

2) Cardapio not launching with AWN: This was a bug that was introduced a couple of weeks ago, but has been since been fixed.
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/cardapio/+bug/716744

3) Redundant title bar: Actually, the title bar was added because several people complained that Cardapio looked out of place without it. If you feel otherwise, please open a bug report, and we'll let people give their 2 cents on this issue
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/cardapio

Cheers

- Thiago

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

I've been using the Awn testing PPA and the Gnomenu PPA for months without problems . This is the first time I have heard of Cardapio . I will have to check it out.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by tvst View Post
    Hi, I am one of the Cardapio developers. I just wanted to comment on a couple of things:

1) Start-up speed: If you don't use the Software Center plugin, just remove it and Cardapio will load several seconds faster. It will also consume some 30MB less memory

2) Cardapio not launching with AWN: This was a bug that was introduced a couple of weeks ago, but has been since been fixed.
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/cardapio/+bug/716744

3) Redundant title bar: Actually, the title bar was added because several people complained that Cardapio looked out of place without it. If you feel otherwise, please open a bug report, and we'll let people give their 2 cents on this issue
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/cardapio

Cheers

- Thiago
    can u elaborate on how to remove the plugin? i love ubuntu and i learnt it myself (so to say i am not a programming guy.. i just love linux and learn more and more of its awesome ability).... its since last few months that i m on this forum and i love to learn...

Beans

Sure, here's how:
    1) Right-click on Cardapio and choose "Properties".
    2) A new window will pop up, entitled "Cardapio Properties". On that window, click on the "Plugins" tab.
    3) Uncheck the box for the "Software Center" plugin.

That's it!

Now close that window and try searching anything in Cardapio. You'll notice that the "Available software" section doesn't appear anymore, because the Software Center plugin has been disabled

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

tvst,

Thanks for dropping in with that information! And I didn't mean to complain about the title bar - I can see how that's really a matter of preference.

I also noticed that the bug I mentioned with its "doing weird things" when attached to a bottom panel was also specific to the release I'd happened to download (and probably other factors on my machine,) because plugging it into AWN now, I don't have that problem anymore.

Thanks for the tip about the Software Center plugin!

Beans

i've gone back to the standard menu after gnomenu started doing weird things, like doubling the menus. i find i really don't use the menu all that much, so no since in having a custom 1.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast