Hi All,
I would like to offer secure Wireless authentication and encryption with the only use of client certificates distributed thru a Windows 2003 Certification Authority. I have installed freeradius on one of the maverick box and I have generated selfsigned certificates to start some test but the results are not encouraging and are slightly different between a Mac and a Windows Client and not knowing what to behaviour to expect, freeradius logs look cryptic. I don't know what encryption/authentication combination works best so any suggestion is greatly appreciated. The freeradius should also check che certification revocation list in case I need to revoke access. Active directory username/password integration could be a totably acceptable option as long as it works on the windows, symbian, android, mac clients, etc.. The Access Point is a Cisco Aironet AP 1250.
As I am not familiar with much of this, I might be totally out of track and any recommendation in order to offer access without too many headaches for users and admin is blessed
Thanks in advance for any help
Cheers,
Costantino