Been having a problem getting audio/mic to work on my rig with mint10 on a USB flash drive, went that route so my internal HDD/XP install weren't/aren't harmed(specifically my MBR) . It's my understanding that this script works on mint so I gave it a try.
1. The install process went well from the looks of it, no errors or anything.
2. The result of "cat /proc/asound/version" is...
...which was the first sign that something wasn't right. Pretty sure that needs to be .24?Code:Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.23. Compiled on Nov 24 2010 for kernel 2.6.35-22-generic-pae (SMP).
3. The result of "aplay" is nothing, nothing happens at all. It did this before the script as well.
4. None of the sound test commands work, I keep getting told that no $ command is found.
5. No different results so far in regards to my sound/mic issue.
To clarify the problem and desired result...I'm trying to get the sound and mic jacks on the front panel of my case to be recognized by linux. At this time neither seem to function at all. As for the rear jacks, center/green works but mic doesn't. I'm running an Asus Crossfire IV Formula board and using the integrated Xtreme-Fi sound, codec VT2020, which is supposed to be supported by Alsa. Yes, all jacks on front and rear work on my XP install, and the peripheral being used isa Razr headset. I use TS3 to test sound and mic, btw, as I have nothing else installed at this time and no media to play...I'm just running this install on an 8gb USB flash drive to try to get back in to linux and maybe actually make the full switch this time...but it's stupid problems like no sound that send me running right back to windows.