Thread: GRUB Editor

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

GRUB Editor

Hey, I'm a little new to Ubuntu, so I'm still feeling it out. I've been playing around with installing programs, adapting to using the command line more and more, and now I want to take on a little project.

GRUB is a fantastic boot loader, and I've edited it from command line before, but its a little of a pain. I've been looking for a GUI to edit it, and I came across QGRUBEditor, and it seemed fine but I had issues installing it. As a little pet project, I wanted to try make a GUI to edit GRUB with. I've been enjoying using Ubuntu, so I wanted to make something to give back to the community.

My Ubuntu use focuses mainly on Gnome, but I've been playing with KDE (Personally, I prefer Gnome) so I could code for either, I'd prefer to do it for Gnome though. I have experience in Java, C++, and a few other languages, but I'm strongest in those two. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to start? I did find the dev documentation on the Ubuntu homepage, but there's always that one website tucked away somewhere that no one knows about that has the best tutorials.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: GRUB Editor

You can look at start-up manager for editing the grub menu.
    You can follow me at my blog.