Thread: Ubuntu freezing at log in?

Exclamation Ubuntu freezing at log in?

Hello. Does anyone know why this might be happening?
    I was just browsing the internet when it stopped allowing me to scroll down pages. Then, it stopped letting me close tabs.
    I force quit google chrome, and then it wouldn't let me open anything at all. It just stayed there. It let me open menus, but clicking on the options within the menus did nothing.
    So, I had to turn off my PC using the power button.

When I turned it back on, Ubuntu took quite a bit longer than normal to boot, and when I logged in (it changed to my background and allowed me to enter my password) it just stood there. The unity bar didn't load or anything.

Should I just wait really long and see what happens? I waited about 2 minutes, maybe. Or does anyone know what's wrong/how to fix it?

Thanks.

EDIT: I forgot to mention. My cursor shows up, and I tried this twice. When pressing the power button it allows me to shut it down/suspend it by clicking the options.
    Last edited by ZombiesAteMyNeighbors; September 22nd, 2012 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Left out info

Re: Ubuntu freezing at log in?

Quote Originally Posted by ZombiesAteMyNeighbors View Post
    Hello. Does anyone know why this might be happening?
    I was just browsing the internet when it stopped allowing me to scroll down pages. Then, it stopped letting me close tabs.
    I force quit google chrome, and then it wouldn't let me open anything at all. It just stayed there. It let me open menus, but clicking on the options within the menus did nothing.
    So, I had to turn off my PC using the power button.

When I turned it back on, Ubuntu took quite a bit longer than normal to boot, and when I logged in (it changed to my background and allowed me to enter my password) it just stood there. The unity bar didn't load or anything.

Should I just wait really long and see what happens? I waited about 2 minutes, maybe. Or does anyone know what's wrong/how to fix it?

Thanks.

EDIT: I forgot to mention. My cursor shows up, and I tried this twice. When pressing the power button it allows me to shut it down/suspend it by clicking the options.
    Well, I logged in using Ubuntu2D, and it's working fine. I think it might have something to do with Compiz?