Thread: No Right Click on panel Bar

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

No Right Click on panel Bar

Hello All

I just installed Ubuntu Netbook 10.10 on an Acer Aspire D150.

I tried to do right click over the top bar (gnome panel?) and nothing happens. Saw online that it can be a bug forcing to use double right click, but still nothing.

I want to change some stuff on the top bar.

ALSO....I can't right click on the large quick icons that come up after clicking the ubuntu orb.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: No Right Click on panel Bar

I guess you're using the Unity interface now. If so, the top panel (I believe?) is not customizable. You could, however, achieve similar interface with now called classic Ubuntu desktop and AWN dock by putting AWN to the left side and forcing monitor height-panel_size through it's settings so the dock and the panel don't overlap. You won't have controls in the top panel, though, unless you install Window Applets from gnome-look.org.
    Last edited by Klump; February 2nd, 2011 at 09:48 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Ugh, Unity has been giving Netbook users a BIG headache. I don't believe the top menu bar is customizable, as klump said, and I don't think the "large icons" are customizable either.
    I am mainly active on XDA-Devs as hanthesolo, but I may come here every so often to contribute. I develop for the Galaxy Player 4.0 with my self-founded team TeamSuperNova.

I am always trying to learn, as I acknowledge that I am not omniscient.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I am downloading 10.04. there is to much hate on unity going around.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hi everybody!
    I'm having same problem here. I bought a new HP DV6T-SE, installed UBUNTU 10.10 amd64, everything looks great, but can't use right click on my unity mouse pad. Searched for a solution but got nothing. I NEED the secondary button, and the only way to have it back was:
    System>Preferences>Mouse>Accessibility then select "Trigger secondary click by holdingdown the primary button" That's not a permanent solution, but I'm able to use the options given by the right click till someone comes with a real solution for this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I just loaded up 10.04 and it is much more intuitive and faster.

Bittorrent link http://releases.ubuntu.com/lucid/ubu...86.iso.torrent

Enjoy

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

There is a large number of users who prefer the classic ubuntu gnome desktop, even on netbooks, and even where they are using the much better 10.04 netbook desktop. The Unity desktop on 10.10 is not at all intuitive in my opinion, and I quickly removed it and carried on with the classic gnome 10.04 version, mainly because it's an LTS release.