Thread: Keyring Help

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Keyring Help

Folks, I love Ubuntu. I am using 10.10 and have suddenly found that I need to give my password to the "Default Keyring" 3 or 4 times before I can start working. What do I need to do? And, please be very basic because I am still a newbie. Thanks in advance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Keyring Help

One thing to try is to open Passwords and Encryption Keys. They have, I think, moved this in Meerkat to either System > Preferences, or System > Administration. It used to be in Applications > Accessories.

In there you should see Passwords: Login. Right click on that and then reset the password to the same as you have always used. and see if that makes a difference. So if your password is "phil", put "phil" in as the old password, then enter "phil" as the new password.

This may reset it and have it work properly. We can but hope.
    "Strive to be the person your dog thinks you are"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Keyring Help

Usually authentication failure is do to simply entering the password incorrectly , it is case sensitive and if you have any dead/ failing keys on the keyboard that may cause problems.

While logged in you can change your password from System > Administration > Users and Groups. I have seen threads posted on this problem before , so try the forum search.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors