Thread: Wubi crashes Windows 7

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Wubi crashes Windows 7

I am preparing to install Ubuntu server to run the server I am building. Both the server and Ubuntu are new to me. In preparation to this I installed Wubi on my Windows 7 laptop. It installed nicely and works smoothly. Unfortunately when I went back into W7 it has crashed 5 times in a row. Sometimes I got 5 minutes into the running of windows. The last time it crashed before I could even log in.

I am unable to determine what is going on as i can't get around in my Windows for very long. Fortunately the Ubuntu side of my computer is still working well.

My W7 install is on a smaller partition (80GB). Would the Wubi installed on this same partition and maybe crowding the W7 install? Should I create another partition to install the Wubi onto or just install a Ubuntu on a separate partition?

How should i go about troubleshooting this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Wubi crashes Windows 7

Try this thread , there may be something helpful.http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1639198
    Infinite diversity in infinite combination.

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Wubi crashes Windows 7

i sure hope you don't intend to run server on a wubi install.

Wubi uses a virtualisation (creates a large file) within windows system. if the file gets corrupted, you could lose everything. not to meniton you are limited in size of the os.

if you plan to have a server i would suggest at least to read Ubuntu manual to learn about desktop, and a few basic command and differences betwen Linux and windows, dual boot etc.

Next stop will be site called linuxcommand.org that offers another free e-book so you can learn command line interface under which the server runs.

to play arround with a server and learn a bit a virtual WAMP or (even better) LAMP server is also an option.
    Easy to understand Ubuntu manual with lots of pics: http://ubuntu-manual.org/
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    User friendly disk backup: Redobackup