Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Driver or Firmware for USB DVB TV tuner stick

Beans

Re: Driver or Firmware for USB DVB TV tuner stick

Has anyone tried out the FM and DAB side of the rtl2832u with any success?

Beans

Hi all,

I had problems with installing RTL2832u on kernel 2.8-38, i have Gigabyte U7300 dvb usb, so i wrote to the realtek support and they give me a link to dropbox with driver i made it public so you can download it at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/48306120/201..._OF_BOX.tar.gz , just install according README, everything works for me

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ginner View Post
    I have installed Ubuntu and Myth TV and got an old analogue PCI tuner working. What I really want it to be able to use my USB DVB-T USB stick (Peak 102569AGPK) with USB ID 1b80:d395)

I have Googled and found a package which appears to contain what I need to get it working: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=36746

I'm not sure what 'dvb-usb-rtl2832u-1.4.2-3.2.tar.bz2' is - a driver or firmware, and if I need to compile etc.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks,
    I don't use that card,but i use that driver.
    That is driver.
    1st to try: to follow README inside folder.
    Basically put that tar.bz2 and install.sh in one folder,and then true terminal go to that folder,and type
    sudo sh install.sh
    2.if that not work ,there is many how to ..but lets first see result of this. Compiling driver to kernel give best results,but many times that is not necessarily. But for this driver i think its not enough that what they say in read-me,at least in my case was necessarily to compile.

3 I can say to you one more recommendation from my expirience: update ur ubuntu system fully as there is bug in ubuntu about FIREDTV,which prevent sucessfully to compile drivers,for systems older then 5july2011 or manually change that.-->firedtv=m->firedtv=n,what is more better,as many drivers works up to Lucid LTS,and after with newer kernel still not have support...but many thing are in progress..so in other hand for many how-to is better to not have upgraded system and new kernels..so first try with that u have now.

as far as i know now this driver in version 1.4 (without .2)support this maker but in version 1.4 this models from maker ur interested:
    usb:v0BDAp2839d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias: usb:v1F4DpA803d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias: usb:v1B80pD398d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias: usb:v1B80pD393d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias: usb:v1B80pD397d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias: usb:v13D3p3282d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias: usb:v13D3p3234d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias: usb:v1164p6601d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias: usb:v1680pA332d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias: usb:v0BDAp2838d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias: usb:v1D19p1103d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias: usb:v1D19p1102d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias: usb:v1D19p1101d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias: usb:v1B80pD396d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias: usb:v13D3p3274d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    alias: usb:v0BDAp2832d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
    depends: dvb-usb

as far as i know that is driver for dvb-t(digital tv)..at least i use it for.
    i red colored maker ur interested,but ur model is not listed(only models 393,397,398 ) ,maybe if u add code of your card will work,maybe not. Usually yes.As in new versions ussually they ad new codes of new discovered dvb-t cards which have that realtek chip inside,or to say they are based on it.

Sorry on my english..i am croatian.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345