Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Asus Eee PC 1015PN - graphic cards: Optimus and ION

Beans

Re: Asus Eee PC 1015PN - graphic cards: Optimus and ION

Thanks a lot, it worked.

But a new problem appeared, it seems that the intel is not fully functional (I cannot activate the visual effects, even the normal while I could before when I was under the intel).

Do I have to install drivers for the intel chip?

Beans

I try to re-work the scripts to apply them on Debian but there is no "/usr/lib/nvidia-current/ld.so.conf" and no alternatives for gl_conf.
    Have you got a idea to solve it?

And about Etienne63's message Ithink it's a problem of GL library.
    Can you try to launch compiz (compiz --replace ) in a terminal and post the result

Beans

I also had some problems with these libs from GL library etc. until I found out by try-and-error that one has to copy some libs always during switching.
    You can see it in the 2 scripts of message No #1 (first 2 scripts, at the end). With these scripts I have no problem at all. Compiz, which is important for the visual effects, is quite well working.

So, may be, the lines dealing with the libs can be included somewhere into mtrons scripts. However, I have no idea where. What do you think, mtron?

Beans

First thank you for your answer.

I analysed the script but the problem is that the way to install NVIDIA driver is different for Debian, I took it on the official website. So there is no "/usr/lib/nvidia-current/xorg/..." but I found a equivalent for that.
    I think I just have one problem left which is the update-alternatives of gl_conf which don't exist "there isn't alternative ...)

:/

Beans

Here is the result:

Code:
    etienne@1015PN:~$ compiz --replace
    Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
    compiz (core) - Fatal: Root visual is not a GL visual
    compiz (core) - Error: Failed to manage screen: 0
    compiz (core) - Fatal: No manageable screens found on display :0.0

Launching fallback window manager
    And also the output of lspci when I'm on intel graphics mode, if it can help.

Code:
    00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation N10 Family DMI Bridge (rev 02)
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation N10 Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
    00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation N10 Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
    00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)
    00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family PCI Express Port 1 (rev 02)
    00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family PCI Express Port 2 (rev 02)
    00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family PCI Express Port 4 (rev 02)
    00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation N10/ICH7 Family USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 02)
    00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 02)
    00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 02)
    00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 02)
    00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 02)
    00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev e2)
    00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation NM10 Family LPC Controller (rev 02)
    00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation N10/ICH7 Family SATA AHCI Controller (rev 02)
    01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications Atheros AR8132 / L1c Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (rev c0)
    02:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation Device 4727 (rev 01)

Beans

I will post the issue tomorrow ^_^' I'm working on and tired

Beans

hi to all,
    i have a eeepc 1015pn
    when i activate the intel gma and reboot, ubuntu start as a terminal...
    these procedures are for only the kernel you have linked in the 3rd post or for all?

Beans

It seems that we all do not use same type of Linux distribution (see BenoitL03: Debian), so lets always mention what one uses.

Etienne63, this is what I have seen also before fixing the Compiz problem in my case. If you use Ubuntu 10.10, the first two scripts in message 1 should help. However, note that my scripts are independent on what mtron has created in message #23.

Stronzky, the 3rd message contains old stuff. Either you use my scripts (see message No. #1) or you use the stuff from mtron (message #23). My scripts are working perfectly well.
    Last edited by barthus; February 27th, 2011 at 06:57 PM.

Beans

ok but when i start your intel script my pc reboot as a terminal
    what i can do?
    ( i have also installed mtron stuff )

P.S. how i can make the script executable?
    Last edited by stronkyz; February 27th, 2011 at 08:51 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by stronkyz View Post
    ok but when i start your intel script my pc reboot as a terminal
    what i can do?
    ( i have also installed mtron stuff )

P.S. how i can make the script executable?
    1. Do not mix mtrons stuff with my scripts ! Once installed mtrons scripts the boot is constantly changed. My scripts do not change anything permanently in the boot sequence. So, either you take only my scripts or the the stuff from mtron.
    We all hope that mtrons scripts will be at one level, where everything works quite well and where my scripts are not needed anymore.
    2. I see now what your problem is: So, when you are again in a shell execute the intel script. Then boot and it should work. - I rarely boot my linux system and I forgot to mention that one has to activate the intel script in a shell after one switched off-on the computer. Sorry.
    4. Open the nautilus explorer, search the script, mark it with the mouse and push the right mouse button. Go into the menu and chose properties. There you find somewhere an option where it says executable. Activate this option.
    Last edited by barthus; February 27th, 2011 at 09:42 PM.

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast