Thread: Confused

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Question Confused

I'm somewhat confused as to the recent action of a staff member, moving this thread from the T&E to the RC.

The staff member moving this thread used the T&E sectional guidelines as the motive (quoting). Yet historically in the FFH, when these guidelines were questioned the staff's responses were mixed and "debating" in the T&E continued.

It appears somewhat disingenuous when the UF staff permits debating in a section that specifically requests members not debate, then advantageously implements said guidelines as the motive to move a thread. When considering this untowards action, should we assume that the staff has re-evaluated the T&E sectional guidelines and now supports the "no debating" clause?

I believe it's non-productive and that many of the debates only perpetuate confrontation in that section of the forums. Based on the guidelines (my interpretation) the purpose of that section is to provide members with the opportunity to post their experiences. Not defend or debate said experiences.

I have no desire to reverse or even question forestpiskie ruling, only to identify the staffs direction with regards to debating in the T&E.
    "All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward."
    Ellen Glasgow

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Confused

Thread moved to Resolution Center.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Tamlynmac, the line is quite fine. The thread in question is a good example of a recurring debate. We've had plenty of those. The thread is not an experience "ubuntu is not working for my hardware or for me" nor a testimonial "ubuntu is doing great". It is a general point of view "moving to unity is a bad move at large".

For now, recurring is unfortunately closed to posting. It will go back to normal soon, so the debate will continue as long as it remains civil.
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

bapoumba
    As I indicated in my thread, I'm not arguing forestpiskie ruling only his use of the T&E guidelines. Which is why I didn't post my thread in the resolution center.

There was an error in my thread:
    The thread was actually moved from the T&E to the Recurring Discussion - not the RC. Sorry, for that error.

As for the fine line, I deliberately based my thread on previous comments made by the staff in the FFH - regarding debating in the T&E. I do apologize for any misunderstanding as I wasn't questioning forestpiskie's decision. But rather, what appeared to be a odd response by the staff. Quoting the T&E guidelines just seemed disingenuous (as I stated).

Mac
    "All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward."
    Ellen Glasgow

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

No worries
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]