Thread: Philips GoGear Vibe - Wrong track order after loading songs

Beans

Philips GoGear Vibe - Wrong track order after loading songs

I'm having problems loading songs to my Philips GoGear Vibe on Linux, it works fine just with drag&drop but the track order on the albums is wrong when playing them.

I've tried MTP and MSC, either way it's the same. On Windows with Songbird it works properly.

The songs are properly tagged and properly named so if they were played on alphabetical order or tag track order, it would be ok, but the order seems random.

Any ideas why may this happen?

Beans

Re: Philips GoGear Vibe - Wrong track order after loading songs

You know, I had this same problem even when I used windows. Some albums would be correct, but others (like my Chopin's complete nocturnes) would go like 1, 11, 12, 2, ect, ect. So, I'm not sure if it has to do with certain disks. *shrug*

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I have two Gogear Raga mp3 players that show same problem. I have tried numbering the id3 tracks tags and the also filename (01,02,03 etc)with no luck.
    I have tried deleting all other id3 tags apart from album, artist, title with no luck. The track order is always the same and wrong eg on one album it lists (on the player screen) and plays tks 3,5,7,9,10,8,6,4,2,1 in that order.
    The date of modification of each track is sequential. I have loaded each track on in order manually with no luck.
    I can't see any other information that would alter the order.
    It completely ruins classical music albums. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

The newest version of Rhythmbox works perfectly with my Philips GoGear Vibe (4GB). I can drag and drop items from my Library to the device, syncs fast with status on the bottom of the application.

I'm glad I don't need to install Songbird and run it over WINE or something.

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit.
    advocating Free and Open Source Software, supporting the Open Web
    fight for your right to party and get your free cloud storage now