Thread: Anyone installed FreeBSD 8.1 on a PanP5?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Anyone installed FreeBSD 8.1 on a PanP5?

I'm thinking of trying FreeBSD 8.1 on my PanP5, and though I know this OS isn't supported by S76 I was curious if anyone's used it. And if so what problems did you run into?

Thanks --
    System76 Pangolin Performance 5 - Xubuntu 18.04 LTS
    System76 Darter Pro - Pop_OS 18.04 LTS

Beans

Re: Anyone installed FreeBSD 8.1 on a PanP5?

What hardware does the PanP5 have?
    On my Lemur FreeBSD 8.1 worked fine without problems.

Beans

I installed PCBSD 9.1 on my Lemur3. Everything seemed to work, but the eithernet card. JME0 has an issue at the moment with BSD. The intel wireless works fine which is 90% of how I connect.

With that said, I did have an issue with the system randomly rebooting. To be fair, I do not attribute that to BSD. The rebooting was happening with Ubuntu 11.04. Fedora 16, Arch and OpenSuse.

I sent it in for repair and they could not reproduce. I formatted and reinstalled ubuntu and it has only happened once in the last month. They said it could be something to do with having a USB in the system for long periods of time.

Other than that, I would buy another one and would go with the Gazelle. The reason for BSD was I was working towards a BSD cert and did not want to run a virtualbox.

Beans

I have pcbsd 9 (don't think 9.1 is out yet) all is working but i can't suspend. My intel graphics has to be run in vesa mode, but 9.1 or 10 will have it in the kernel. So did suspend work for you?

i am on a lemur 2