Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: logitech controller....how to get it to work?

Beans

logitech controller....how to get it to work?

Hi,
    I'm running 10.10 and want to play games on Ubuntu using my logitech GamePad F310.

Where can I find drivers for it? Thanks

I know this is a total noob question, but well....yeah I just started using Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: logitech controller....how to get it to work?

If you automatically don't receive a little pop up saying that there are drivers for the device, then it most likely isn't supported by ubuntu. most logitech products usually aren't supported.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

You won't need to install any drivers, compatibility for control pads is built in to the OS. I have a Logitech controller, I just need to plug it in and it works. Check lsusb from a terminal to see if the pad is listed, if not then I would say it is not supported.

It also depends on what games you are using, support needs to be built into the game for the pad to work. AFAIK games that are designed for keyboard and mouse cannot be forced to use a pad instead.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

You shouldn't need any drivers for it. I recently purchased this same gamepad and it worked as soon as I plugged it in. There was no pop-up or anything. I got it for my emulators, (Mupen64plus, ZSNES, Gens) and it just worked. Flawlessly, I might add. It's easily the best gamepad I've ever used. Very responsive, very precise. I'm running 10.10 Maverick Meerkat 64-bit.

You may have it in the wrong mode. On mine, I have the bottom switch on X not D. Also there is a mode button on the face with a light. Mine is not lit. I have had no problems. I hope you get it working, it's a great gamepad.

Also, be aware that this pad identifies as a "Generic X-Box pad" at least according to Mupen64plus.
    100% Microsoft-free since 2001
    Registered Linux User #527135

Beans

I have the same gamepad (F310) and it doesn't "just work." The pads I have are new and work on other systems but not on Ubuntu. I plugged them in and rebooted the computer but they do not work. Can anyone help?

Beans

I ran lsusb and the devices are listed:

Bus 003 Device 008: ID 046d:c21d Logitech, Inc.
    Bus 003 Device 007: ID 046d:c21d Logitech, Inc.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

What game or software are you using? Does it definitely support gamepad control?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cchhrriiss121212 View Post
    What game or software are you using? Does it definitely support gamepad control?

I have tried SNES9X, Fusion 3.63x, FCEUX 2.1.4a, Stella 3.1.2 ...

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

skyzthelimit230 i have the exact same game pad, and i run the latest xubuntu. I'm a total noob at ubuntu and am having the same issue except when i run lsusb in a terminal it doesnt even detect the game pad at all, just my mouse and keyboard. I've been through many different forums over the last few days and can't seem to find an answer. If you figure it out could you lemme know? thanks...and if i can figure out mine ill post the answer here or message you. best of luck!

"and all i wanted do is play some supermario world"

Beans

Hello everyone
    I've been trying to use it with Secret Maryo Chronicles and some emulators. It's just not detected by my Ubuntu partition, but works flawlessly on Windows.

Le sign. Not sure what else to do...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast