Thread: Video Lag Issues

Beans

Video Lag Issues

I'm having some video lag issues but I'm not sure it's with mythbuntu or if it is with some failing hardware.

I've already ran memtest86 on the memory, but how can I check the onboard video card for issues?

The symptoms are that the sound plays normally, but the video freezes every few seconds and then catches back up.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Video Lag Issues

Need some more info.

What version of mythtv, what make/model video card, what video driver are you using, what playback profile in mythtv are you using, what are you trying to playback? As a shot in the dark, first thing to do is to try a few different playback profiles (try slim, CPU++, normal, etc.).
    Linux & MythTV 4 Life
    Running ubuntu on an Atom 330, Atom D525, Turion 64 X2 TL-56, X2 3800, X2 4200, X2 4600, E2180, Core i5 450M, and a Core i7-2600
    My Hardware

Beans

http://www.abit.com.tw/page/en/mothe...E=Socket%20AM2

This motherboard and I'm using the built in video card with the HDMI output. Latest version of myth and Ubuntu since I just did a re-image with a new 2TB HD. I did the re-image because I was experiencing these problems with my last HD and wanted to upgrade anyways.

I checked out the wiki but didn't mention anything about playback profiles so I'll just be using the default one, where can I learn more about them?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyspeshul View Post
    http://www.abit.com.tw/page/en/mothe...E=Socket%20AM2

This motherboard and I'm using the built in video card with the HDMI output. Latest version of myth and Ubuntu since I just did a re-image with a new 2TB HD. I did the re-image because I was experiencing these problems with my last HD and wanted to upgrade anyways.

I checked out the wiki but didn't mention anything about playback profiles so I'll just be using the default one, where can I learn more about them?
    I actually have and use that mobo (nvidia GPU). But you didn't answer most of my questions (video driver, playback profile, type of recording/video you are trying to playback). Take a look at your frontend logs when you are having the playback problems and absent any more information I recommend doing what I mentioned above - changing playback profiles to start with. It could also be an audio configuration issue.

Quick check - can you play back a recording with mplayer? Does it still experience the same laggy play? This can help diagnose whether it is a system problem or a mythfrontend configuration problem (my money is on the latter).

you can learn more about playback profiles in the wiki. You configure them in the Playback settings.
    http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Playback_profiles
    Linux & MythTV 4 Life
    Running ubuntu on an Atom 330, Atom D525, Turion 64 X2 TL-56, X2 3800, X2 4200, X2 4600, E2180, Core i5 450M, and a Core i7-2600
    My Hardware