Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Repeatedly Ubuntu 10.10 Crashes

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Angry Repeatedly Ubuntu 10.10 Crashes

I am facing a huge problem with my ubuntu 10.10 on my 1 year old Dell inspiron laptop. My laptop crashed repeatedly yesterday when browsing. It used to carsh once in a while when watching videos. But yesterday it was worse. If I force shutdown and start it again after the carsh, again ubuntu crashes when loading the desktop itself. This happened for 3 to 4 times. I got frustated and switched to Windows 7 and I didn't face any issue in Windows 7.

It could be laptop heat issue, but why is that Windows 7 works fine but Ubuntu carshes if the laptop is hot. Or is it becauase of some other issue?

I could not take any logs because, i lose control over keyboard and monitor. Only a loud raining sound alone comes during the crashes.

It seems i am not lucky enough to use Ubuntu. Someone please help

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Repeatedly Ubuntu 10.10 Crashes

you could monitor the CPU temperature and also check if the fans are working ok.
    Easy to understand Ubuntu manual with lots of pics: http://ubuntu-manual.org/
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    User friendly disk backup: Redobackup

Beans
    Distro

Fans are working.

Beans
    Hidden!

again ubuntu crashes when loading the desktop itself.
    my thought is your user name space is corrupted.

login to ubuntu using the console recovery mode.
    create a new user

this has happened to me before.
    there are a lot of hidden folders with configurations in your user directory.
    you can even delete them and it might fix this for the original user name.

Beans
    Distro

No when i shutdown the computer for half an hour, i am to able load the desktop. Just wanted why windows 7 works in this case and UBUNTU doesn't work. Is it a known issue or not

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

All I can say is that I have the exact opposite problem. My laptop and desktop run ubuntu perfectly but if I run windoze 7 on my desktop (which I have to for music production) I get random blue screen crashes. My brother managed to get the crashes under control in windoze so maybe his method will work for you. Basically, he had the hunch that my drivers were out of date. So, after a quick update of my nvidia drivers, things worked great! I'm having the same issue all over again though but it may be from viruses... blah... WHY CAN'T EVERYTHING FOR WINDOZE WORK IN UBUNTU?!?!?!? If only I had a working audio interface and fl studio 9 with all of my plugins, I would never use windoze again!

Beans
    Distro

Even i disabled the flash plugin in firefox and still my ubuntu crashes after some time.,,, Could some one help me

Beans
    Distro

Could some one help me in this? As i am not able to browse in Ubuntu not more than half an hour.. I am forced to use the windows 7

Beans
    Distro

An half an hour browsing with flash ads, is enough to make my laptop crash... It was not like this before in LUCID and win 7. I am not able to figure why flash makes Ubuntu to crash.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Have you tried creating another user account and seeing if you have the problem on that account also. If not, then it's in your settings.
    Intel-System Freeze Post#22
    How to mark your thread [SOLVED]
    Registered Linux User-#473773-Ubuntu User-#23255-Machine-#384048

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast