Thread: locked out my keyboard

Beans

Angry locked out my keyboard

I was watching shows on hulu, then suddenly my dog jumped on the keyboard. A dialog showed up, but I was unable to see it and my dog hit entered. Now I am locked out my key board on Ubuntu 10.10. The problem still presist after reboot. I can only use my keyboard to loggin. The Fn keys still work and mouse atleast. It might be problem with the profile, since the guest dont have this problem. So can I get some direction to edit the profile

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: locked out my keyboard

If the keyboard still works in recovery mode from grub menu, or even if you login as user then go to Ctrl+Alt+F1 for a cli, try removing the folder /home/username/.gconf/desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard.

If that is no help to you, I have no other ideas, unfortunately.

Beans

nothing changed, i cant really enter tty console when i loggin as my user, but when i enter guest loggin. I will go the annoying method of entering root in failsafe and creating a new user.
    Last edited by idoitprone; January 24th, 2011 at 05:56 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by idoitprone View Post
    nothing changed, i cant really enter tty console when i loggin as my user, but when i enter guest loggin. I will go the annoying method of entering root in failsafe and creating a new user.
    You can try that if you want to, but you can remove that /.gconf/desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard folder I spoke of in recovery mode as well.

Beans

Try that, nothing happen. It my fault I wasnt really clear. Could of answered sooner, but lock out of the forums ubuntu's problem