Thread: hp pavilion dm4-1173cl wireless connection is not working.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

hp pavilion dm4-1173cl wireless connection is not working.

Hi, I have just installed Maverick meekat on my new laptop with Wubi, and I have been trying to setup my wireless connection, but i couldnt. The first thing I tried was going to System>Prefrences>network connections, and clicking on the wireless tab. I tried to add a network think manyally, and I miserably failed.

here is the information I have of my laptop as of now after doing the lspci command in the terminal:

Network controller: Brodcom Corporation Device 4727
    USB Controller: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset USB2 Enhanced Host Controller
    Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.

Also I have read somethings about ndis or using the windows driver and things of that sort. Whenever I am using windows, my wireless connection is working perfectly. So I dont know if there is a specific way to activate my drivers, or if my computer is just not capable of having wireless connection on Ubuntu. Please help.

I'm not very experienced with this kind of networking, so it would help if I could have a detailed response :/
    Last edited by cuberts; January 25th, 2011 at 03:03 AM.
    Feel free to contact me at cuberts@gmail.com if you have any questions. Also, Irssi is RAD!~

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: hp pavilion dm4-1173cl wireless connection is not working.

good member;
    converted a compaq hp m preserio 2000 to xubuntu; lost my wireless connections. i tried to install Brodcom Corporation Device driver but it stalled?? i need a wireless solution too.
    thnaks;
    pete f.