Thread: Evolution hides IMAP folders

Beans

Evolution hides IMAP folders

Hi all,

Running Ubuntu 10.10 amd64, with the all software straight out of the main repositories.

I'm having a problem with Evolution losing my default account settings.

I have no use for the "On this computer" folder structures in either Mail, Calendar or Contacts, so I just minimise and forget about them. All my mail is held on an IMAP server, my calendars are with Google, as are my contacts.

I have setup my IMAP account and it appears as "username@domain.com" under the redundant "On this computer" folder. This is ok, I guess.

However, when I close and restart Evolution the IMAP structure disappears. On initial restart it is still present, but then is lost after a few seconds.

I can make it reappear by selecting Edit/Preferences/AccountName/Edit/Identity and ticking "Make this my default account." But I have to do this every time I open Evolution - which sucks.

Is there something I'm missing?

Cheers for any assistance!

Andy.
    Andy Lawson

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Evolution hides IMAP folders

Can't help you out, but I experience the same issue. I created a new account in evolution and it didn't load the subfolders for Inbox untill I used the "Make this my default account" trick.
    Only ask that question when you're stuck searching 8)

Beans

Re: Evolution hides IMAP folders

Oh well, nice to know it's not just me. I upgraded a 10.04 box, which developed the same trouble after the upgrade to 10.10, too.

My "solution" was to switch to Thunderbird (with the Lightning extension for calendars) which was broken under 10.04, but has started working under 10.10 - bit of a kludge.
    Andy Lawson