Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Netbeans C/C++ IDE Binary Creation

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Netbeans C/C++ IDE Binary Creation

Quote Originally Posted by sattu94@gmail.com View Post
    Yes this works. But again i have to go the GCC way. and according to bouncingwilf the file should already be an executable. Hmm.. i think i will have to just do it manually.

Okay but when i build an entire project succesfully( that contains only one program), how do i run it?
    That is without netbeans.

Satyajeet
    Just invoke the executable from the command-line. If you built the project with Netbeans, go into the appropriate build folder, or else wherever gcc placed the executable and do:

Code:
    ./my_program

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sattu94@gmail.com View Post
    Yes this works. But again i have to go the GCC way. and according to bouncingwilf the file should already be an executable. Hmm.. i think i will have to just do it manually.

Okay but when i build an entire project succesfully( that contains only one program), how do i run it?
    That is without netbeans.

Satyajeet
    If you found the object file and you can run an executable generated by netbeans then the Netbeans generated file must exist! - it won't be far away! I suggest you have another look - the project setup in Netbeans should tell you where it stores them.

Bouncingwilf

Beans

Post Re: Netbeans C/C++ IDE Binary Creation

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingwilf View Post
    If you found the object file and you can run an executable generated by netbeans then the Netbeans generated file must exist! - it won't be far away! I suggest you have another look - the project setup in Netbeans should tell you where it stores them.

Bouncingwilf
    There is one other file with a .o.d extension and same file name. And where is project setup ?
    Satyajeet

Beans

try:
    ~/NetBeansProjects/YourProjectName/dist/Debug/GNU-Linux-X86/YourProjectName

or:
    ~/NetBeansProjects/YourProjectName/dist/Release/GNU-Linux-X86/YourProjectName

for your executable...

Brian
    Last edited by brianpesda; February 14th, 2011 at 09:33 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12