Thread: Can't find ISO file in 10.10 (other thread not wrking)

Beans

Can't find ISO file in 10.10 (other thread not wrking)

The other thread I posted isn't working. No idea why. But here we go. Round 2.

I downloaded Ubuntu Desktop Edition from this link- http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

Once I extracted the files, I can not find the ISO file I need to burn it to a disc. I have Wubi, USB Creator, and files named .disk, boot, casper, dists, isolinux (No iso in that folder), pics, pool, and preseed. But no ISO file.

Anyone wanna let me know what is going on here? I'm trying to burn it to a disc so I can install it as my main OS and remove windows. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

-Derek

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Can't find ISO file in 10.10 (other thread not wrking)

Quote Originally Posted by HyyDeff View Post
    The other thread I posted isn't working. No idea why. But here we go. Round 2.

I downloaded Ubuntu Desktop Edition from this link- http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

Once I extracted the files, I can not find the ISO file I need to burn it to a disc. I have Wubi, USB Creator, and files named .disk, boot, casper, dists, isolinux (No iso in that folder), pics, pool, and preseed. But no ISO file.

Anyone wanna let me know what is going on here? I'm trying to burn it to a disc so I can install it as my main OS and remove windows. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

-Derek
    The file you downloaded IS the ISO file, if you use windows and a CD burning tool, you should burn that file to a CD as an image (as it has to be bootable for you to install)
    Don't ask what your company can do for you.
    Ask what you can do for
    your company!