Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Epson L100

Beans

Re: Need Ubuntu (Linux) driver for Epson L100

Quote Originally Posted by rudregues View Post
    Hey guys, I'm installing those drivers on my new L200, but I've found this notice:

"Notice on transferring the responsibility of Linux Driver Download Website
    Regarding our Linux driver download service, we will transfer the service from AVASYS CORPORATION to SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION on Thursday, December 22nd, 2011 (0:00 JST).
    After the transfer, the download service is available in the following website."
    source: http://avasys.jp/eng/linux_driver/

There is more updated drivers in this website

Searching by L200, will give you this as result.

I'll now restart my system with the new drivers installed then test my printer.

[ ]'s
    Hi, how does the installation went for you? doesnt the driver just work for the scanner? or it does contain the printer driver too? I does include the app that verify the code of the ink bottles? Thanks in advance

Beans

Apparently, the driver works out of the box, both scanner and printer. I don't know about print high resolution images, never tried, but common text and low resolution images it's excelent.

I followed all steps described in the first post, only changing the core package described by the more updated I had found.

It does include the app that verify the code of the ink bottles?
    No, unfortunately
    For this, you must go Windows. Mac OS and Linux users cannot until now.

[ ]'s

Beans

Thumbs up Re: [SOLVED] Need Ubuntu (Linux) driver for Epson L100 and L200

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderDGreat View Post
    Guys, why does it always have to be damn tiring and plain old difficult for Ubuntu?

Our life is short.

Just use VirtualBox, install Windows, and install the printer there!
    Just do that and be calm. I hope, this suggestion prevent your suicide. My was prevented :)

Beans

Please see the update on 1st page

Thx all

Beans

Major update!!!!

Epson released a full feature driver for L100/L200!!!

Avasys dropped the download service for Epson printer drivers, now you must use this Epson's website http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/se...search/?OSC=LX

Just search for L100 or L200 and there will be two results. The first is for the printer and the second for the scanner.

1) For the printer
    Download and install epson-inkjet-printer-l100l200_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb from the first link

2) For the scanner
    Download and install iscan-data_1.26.0-1_all.deb then donwload and install iscan_2.29.3-1~usb0.1.ltdl7_amd64.deb

3) Now, instead of add your printer as Stylus N10 N11 you add your printer as L100 or L200

Obs.: If you use Ubuntu 32 bits remember downloading i386 instead of amd64 packages

Beans

Thanks... I update the front page

Cheers.

Beans

Re: Epson L100

I've downloaded 14.04 LiveDVD and for my surprise, when I tried to add the printer, there was no L-100/L-200/L-800 drivers in the list yet. From L family there was just L-1000 driver. I've reported a bug in launchpad https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1315096 if someone want to help Canonical put some effort within these driver and support it by default, just login launchpad and mark "This bug affects you" option.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123