Thread: Maverick Netbook-Remix update-manager is showing 11.04 upgrade available

Beans

Red face Maverick Netbook-Remix update-manager is showing 11.04 upgrade available

It's really odd, I'm sure I would have noticed the coming of April. I ran update-manager on my netbook this morning and it's showing an upgrade to 11.04 available. I double checked my configuration, I'm set to Normal Releases, and checked my sources.list and I don't see anything odd there.

I'm definitely NOT going to attempt to upgrade to 11.04 on my netbook right now, as I use my netbook frequently, and I have it on another machine to mess about with, but the very presence of the option has me a bit unsettled.

Easy enough for ME to ignore, but you know if someone else out there gets the upgrade available button they're going to mash it and not know any better.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Maverick Netbook-Remix update-manager is showing 11.04 upgrade available

It's a glitch in the update manager software. Some people have actually accidentally seen that and upgraded. Now, 11.04 is a great OS, but it just hasn't been released yet. So, to the people who have "upgraded" accidentally: just sticm with 11.04, and wait for april. Also, remember to keep it updated for maximum stability!
    I am mainly active on XDA-Devs as hanthesolo, but I may come here every so often to contribute. I develop for the Galaxy Player 4.0 with my self-founded team TeamSuperNova.

I am always trying to learn, as I acknowledge that I am not omniscient.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Maverick Netbook-Remix update-manager is showing 11.04 upgrade available

It's a glitch in the update manager software. Some people have actually accidentally seen that and upgraded. Now, 11.04 is a great OS, but it just hasn't been released yet. So, to the people who have "upgraded" accidentally: just sticm with 11.04, and wait for april. Also, remember to keep it updated for maximum stability!
    I am mainly active on XDA-Devs as hanthesolo, but I may come here every so often to contribute. I develop for the Galaxy Player 4.0 with my self-founded team TeamSuperNova.

I am always trying to learn, as I acknowledge that I am not omniscient.