Thread: is this ok?

Beans

is this ok?

apologies if this in the wrong section, i am buying a cheap computer for my dad, it will be used for movies, web and maybe some 2d gaming. i wanted to know if a 1.5 ghz processor and 512mb ram runs ubuntu well. i know about xubuntu etc but was after installing full fat gnome ubuntu for him. thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: is this ok?

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminjames View Post
    apologies if this in the wrong section, i am buying a cheap computer for my dad, it will be used for movies, web and maybe some 2d gaming. i wanted to know if a 1.5 ghz processor and 512mb ram runs ubuntu well. i know about xubuntu etc but was after installing full fat gnome ubuntu for him. thanks
    i used to run ubuntu on these specs, the processor speed was ok! but it as a bit sticky with such a small amount of RAM, if you could change it to 1Gig that would make it run smoother.

Hope you find what your looking for.

Beans
    Distro

as above
    Last edited by Ceiber Boy; January 18th, 2011 at 09:30 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminjames View Post
    i used to run ubuntu on these specs, the processor speed was ok! but it as a bit sticky with such a small amount of RAM, if you could change it to 1Gig that would make it run smoother.

Hope you find what your looking for.