Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FireFox- address bar resize?

Beans

Re: FireFox- address bar resize?

I hope you folks have a sense of humor.

Yes, the space added to the upper area of FF works. But, I want the bar to shrink in length from the right to the left.

Beans

I was going to post a screenshot, but I guess it isn't that simple so I'll just describe it.

I have, on a single toolbar, a small number of icons for back/forward/reload, etc. (I'm mad, I hardly ever use back or forward buttons!), then the URL textbox, no search bar (why do people keep this when the URL bar will do 99% of the searches you ever need?), then an icon that contains a custom menu with frequently used items and the whole Firefox menu.

This is how I like it, but maybe not how you want it. The point is you can have it any way you want it, but you've got to say how you want it. "Shorter" might be meaningful to someone stood next to you tweaking your computer, but it isn't very useful. You've been offered two very simple ways to make your URL bar shorter and your only response is "they don't work"? Too lazy to even explain why they don't work and what you really need? How short do you want? I can tell you how to take it off completely and it will never bother you again

Beans

--> -->

Works for me?
    http://xkcd.com/293/
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand ternary, those who don't, and those who confuse it with binary.

Beans

Yes, it works now....for whatever reason, and I'm sure there's a million, it didn't work before.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Vaphell View Post
    putting it next to the file/edit/view in customize mode will make it shorter, after all menus take space
    OUTSTANDING! Many of the other answers were goofy. This way the extensions are all visible! What's the point of having an address bar that long if the extensions get pushed to a drop down...

Kudos!

Beans

Old thread closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12