Thread: Active Connection + Program access to the internet

Beans

Active Connection + Program access to the internet

There is this active connection in firestarter: ec2-174-129-193-12.compute-1.amazonaws.com (Port 443 - Service HTTPS - program python)

After doing ps aux | grep PID it shows: /usr/bin/python /usr/lib/ubuntuone-client/ubuntuone-syncdaemon

This comes up in the firewall in each login, how do I get rid of it and how did it get there in the first place?

Another question is if there is a way to limit a program's access to the internet. For example KCalender.. The things I type up in there may be stored somewhere. How can I disable complete access to the internet for that program and any other program so they can't backup, share, check etc. ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Active Connection + Program access to the internet

Open the list of startup applications and uncheck the 'Ubuntu One' entry.

There is no per-applicaton firewall in *buntu. I know nothing about "KCalender", but if it does something you don't want it to, just use another app.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mikewhatever View Post
    Open the list of startup applications and uncheck the 'Ubuntu One' entry.

I know nothing about "KCalender", but if it does something you don't want it to, just use another app.
    KCalender isn't doing anything wrong, I just wanted to know if you can limit any kind of program.
    Last edited by Alive01; January 21st, 2011 at 03:10 PM.

Beans

Apparmor can limit specific programs from internet access, although it may not be the simplest or easiest method.