Thread: installed on old compaq presario 2100

Beans

installed on old compaq presario 2100

I have a Compaq 2195us with integrated Broadcom 802.11b/g wireless, driver version 3.70.17.0. I don't have much experience with Linux, but I tried both Puppy Linux and Ubuntu 10.10, and I simply cannot get the wireless to work. This is the only thing holding me back from switching or installing Linux on this machine. Any help would be appreciated on how to get the wireless working. Are there any other drivers to try out? The driver on my Compaq is supposedly the latest.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: installed on old compaq presario 2100

Hi and I have moved your post to it's own thread. No need to revive a 2 year old thread.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Hopefully, this will get you going:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...Driver/bcm43xx

If lspci shows that yours is not a BCM43** card then post back with details and someone may be able to help you.

In the meantime I'll ask a member of staff to move this thread to a more appropriate place - you've posted in Testimonials.

EDIT: overdrank's posts weren't there when I posted - I see it wasn't you who posted in Testimonials. Forum very slow again. Anyway, I've asked for a move to a support forum.

EDIT2: Correction - post wasn't. Giddyup forum!
    Last edited by coffeecat; January 16th, 2011 at 07:16 PM.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

This is Linux. It gives you a cute mascot and enough rope to hang yourself!