Thread: Sync Between Ipod and Amarok \GTKPod

Beans

Sync Between Ipod and Amarok \GTKPod

Hi guys,
    I run Kubunto 10.04 and i'm quite new in the ubuntu environment.
    I'm having quite an headache with syncing my Ipod classic with my linux machine.

For me, the most useful thing in Ipod+Itunes was having a lot of smart playlists.
    For example, after playing a song in Itunes, the playcount of that song would goes up. When syncing my Ipod with Itunes, the playcount of that song on the Ipod would also go up.
    In this manner, I've had plenty of useful and fun smarty playlists.

After moving to ubuntu, I'm definitely having fun with amarok, and also installed gtkpod for managing my ipod.

The problem is that I wasn't able to sync Amarok and my Ipod the way I wanted.
    I've also tried GTKPod which is nice in managing the Ipod, but could not use it to play any songs and have their rating, playcount etc updated to my Ipod.

As a programmer, I'm sure I can use the Amarok MySQL DB and have the data saved in the DB to update my GTKpod repository. This is AWKWARD and also includes development.

Any ideas or help solving this issue that do not require programming would be appreciated.

Liron.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Sync Between Ipod and Amarok \GTKPod

you too huh?
    - ubuntu #23718 | gnu/linux #231826
    - x58/ich10r | i7-950 | 6@2GB 1600 3x channel | geforce gt640 2GB | 24" 16:9 / 19" 5:4 | 2@120GB ssd / 500GB / 1TB / dvd+-rw sata ahci | 600W | Mesh Case
    - fedora????