Thread: Software Center Install - where is the program?

Beans

Software Center Install - where is the program?

Hi I'm very new to Linux. I have installed Ubuntu server 10.10. Today I installed LAMP successfully along with phpmyadmin.

I want to use the mysql more with C++, not php. Anyways, I wanted to use a client for mysql other than the php one so I went to Ubuntu Software Center and installed MySQL Client. It says it's installed but I have no idea how to run it.

Can anyone help?

Beans

Re: Software Center Install - where is the program?

In terminal:
    Code:
    mysql
    More information, in terminal:
    Code:
    man mysql

Beans

Re: Software Center Install - where is the program?

Thanks for the reply. I had been using the mysql command in the terminal without any luck. I thought it was a command for mysql and not the client. I will check out the manual, thanks.

Edit: The manual says it doesn't have a manual and mysql --help shows me commands to connect to mysql, nothing about MySQL Client.

So I'm used to Windows of course, being a Linux noob. If someone came to me with this issue at the very least I could tell them to look in the Program Files directory.

So any idea where I can find this program, mysql client? I've used search with 'File System' as the target. Ubuntu Software Center assures me it is installed.

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Trav_is; January 17th, 2011 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Manual doesn;t exist.