Thread: Autorun difficulties

Hybrid View

Beans

Autorun difficulties

I successfully installed a windows program using wine and when I run the program it asks me to load the disc. I only need to do this once to get the program up and running, but I have no disc, just the ISO. I've tried mounting it in several different ways, including the program Gmount-iso, but the program says I still haven't loaded the disc! I believe it has something to do with the autorun not working properly because I had trouble with that when I was installing the program, too. Please help!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Autorun difficulties

Well I have had success with acetonelISO for mounting iso files. (Note: you must unmount it in acetoneISO not nautilus) I have never tried it for wine but it should work. Wine may not be configured to see the mounted ISO or the program is looking at the wrong drive letter. Another thing to do is u could burn the ISO to a CD/DVD and then u would have the real disc.
    ♫♪♫ You just keep on trying till you run out of cake ♪♫♪

Beans

Unfortunately AcetoneISO won't work either... things are mounting just fine but the program still thinks the disc hasn't loaded. I might have to go out and buy DVDs and have a friend write it for me because my disc drive can't do that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

One more thing to try before u burn that DVD. Maker sure in wine it is configured to see the mounted ISO. (Application>wine>configure wine>drivers)
    ♫♪♫ You just keep on trying till you run out of cake ♪♫♪