Thread: Webcam randomly doesn't start

Hybrid View

Beans

Webcam randomly doesn't start

I have a Dell Vostro 1400 and my webcam works fine, except that every once in a while (or maybe more about 1 out of 4 times) when I start my laptop, the webcam doesn't work. For instance I would start Skype, send my webcam but all I get is a gray image, and the led which turns on to show that the webcam is working stays off. All I can do is restart, and then it would usually work. I'm not sure if there's anything I can try.

Beans

Re: Webcam randomly doesn't start

Quote Originally Posted by muadnu View Post
    I have a Dell Vostro 1400 and my webcam works fine, except that every once in a while (or maybe more about 1 out of 4 times) when I start my laptop, the webcam doesn't work. For instance I would start Skype, send my webcam but all I get is a gray image, and the led which turns on to show that the webcam is working stays off. All I can do is restart, and then it would usually work. I'm not sure if there's anything I can try.
    I posted this a while ago, but now with Ubuntu 11.04 it's gotten worse, the webcam doesn't work about 3 out of 4 times I boot up, and I have to restart several times to get it working. Any ideas?