Questions for this Thread
- which debian/ubuntu package the below issues is a bug for (necessary to file bugs now, via `apport-bug`)
- If both of my below CLI issues are caused by that same issue
CLI ISSUE #1: PHP output quirkiness
I described some weird command-line behavior, that happens only on Ubuntu, in a video for this Drupal bug. It was decided that the problem is in Ubuntu, and not in PHP or in Drupal's script I filed against.
ISSUE #1, Information:
- comment #1288376226 (on php.net) about different compile methods of php-cli between Ubuntu and Debian seems to have spawned all kinds of threads and issues about mysql-cli and CTRL-R (reverse search history)
- Ubuntu 10.04 seems to be the only one that has the problem. Between the drupal bug and the php.net bug (i think) its safe to say that this has been tested in arch linux, debian, OSX, and Ubuntu 10.04.
SOLVED CLI ISSUE #2: ~/.inputrc not inherited in applications
Applications with their own prompt seem to behave strangely in Ubuntu.
Example applications: mysql's command line client and python's command line interpreter.
I have my output set to vi, in my ~/.inputrc file, among other things, this means my up/down history is binded to [j]/[k] keys. In Arch Linux, when I open either of the above mentioned apps, I can continue taking advantage of these nice bindings, just as I was a moment ago on the bash command line.
Ubuntu Buggy behavior:
Using the same ~/.inputrc file, when I open either of the above mentioned apps, nothing happens when I hate [j] or [k]
ISSUE #2, Information:
- if comment #1288376226 (on php.net) about different compile methods of php-cli is true, then it would explain why my ~/.inputrc (see ISSUE 1, above) config has problems in ubuntu.
- Between the drupal bug and the php.net bug (i think) its safe to say that this has been tested in arch linux, debian, OSX, and Ubuntu 10.04. Ubuntu 10.04 is the only one that has the problem.
Things that seem, or are related:
- I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 on two differnet 64bit installs machines.
Anyone have suggestions, more info I could gather, or generally which package I can post about to launchpad.net/ubuntu?