Thread: The picture is slower, or...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

The picture is slower, or...

Hello!
    I have a very big problem with the picture, when i'm playing video or i'm watching to stream. As first I must say that this problem is at all applications, if I'm using Compiz (I really like it) and I just don't try any other options, like desktop without effects (or Compiz).

So, the biggest problem is also when I turn the Compiz cube, application or when I'm wathing video, as I say. (I've made a little preview with picture which is attached)

My graphics card is ATI Sapphire Radeon HD4850 (512MB), and from another forum I've got support, with which is this problem little/bigger better at some applications (At video is little better, but when I start more programs, there is big problem with Compiz and effects). What I've done? At Cataclyst setting 3D, I turn on Anti-aliasing (or something like that - the last option at 3D tab) and then button to the end for more refreshing. Also I use VLC and I set picture encoder to XCB, but when I want watching videos with default video player, there the problem is bigger.

How (if) I can solve this problem?
    Please help, because I really love Ubuntu

Thank you!

EDIT: I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jodlajodla; January 14th, 2011 at 08:56 PM. Reason: I've forgot the type of current version of Ubuntu, which I have installed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: The picture is slower, or...

Please help!

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: The picture is slower, or...

That looks like screen tearing. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the the ATI driver.

However, there's some informations and tricks for the nvidia driver. The key feature here is the setting "Sync to VBlank". Read this thread to see if you can think of something.

Good Luck!