Thread: Requesting permision to post updated Samba howto

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Post Requesting permision to post updated Samba howto

I have written a new How To for setting up and configuring Samba in Ubuntu 10, I have read the "Criteria for threads in the Tutorials and Tips section" and am hereby requesting permission to submit my new how to for everyone to enjoy. I have attached the text document (zipped with bz2) for your review. I look forward to seeing my new HOW-TO in the Ubuntu community as my contribution.

- It is written in clear English with correct spelling, easy for Newcomers.
    - It is easy to read and follow, I have clearly divided the sections into headings and subheadings.
    - It is complete, I have spent all day writing this and have done much research already prior to solving my problem.
    - I have tested the solution and it works, I can read and write files to and from windows over my internal LAN and can print to the shared printer on Windows from Ubuntu.
    - I have Credited all the contributors, provided both internal and external reference links.
    - It is not a copy and paste job. I explain how I tested the solution to Samba networking with windows.
    - I can provide support because I am unemployed at this present time, when I obtain a position in my target field I will still have weekends to check back.
    - I fully detail how to revert both systems back to their former state should there be a need.
    - I do not only link to external sources, there are several internal sources. There is no download-able scripts, or packages.
    Attached Files Attached Files