Thread: Bad Starling Wireless Card?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Bad Starling Wireless Card?

I think the wireless card on my star1 netbook went bad. It often fails to connect or has a weak signal even when I know the network is strong and I'm in fairly close to the router. When it does connect, the speed is abysmal. I've had identical symptoms on three different networks now, two of which I had previously used on a regular basis with my Starling with no trouble. This just started happening about a month ago, around the same time I upgraded to Lucid. When I installed Lucid I did the system restore, which is supposed to install the System76 driver. I also tried reinstalling the System76 driver later (and rebooting, of course), but to no avail.

I'm suspicious that it's a hardware problem, but my netbook is over a year old and thus out of warranty. Is there a way to replace the card myself? Or is there some known issue with Lucid that I could fix?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Bad Starling Wireless Card?

Just to clarify: The Lucid upgrade was a fresh install.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Bad Starling Wireless Card?

If you've installed the driver, and it still doesn't work, then i think you may have a hardware issue. Please contact us via email at support...at...system76...dot...com
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!