Thread: Reverting 10.04 to earlier versions of Brasero

Beans

Reverting 10.04 to earlier versions of Brasero

CD/DVD burning on 10.04 used to work wonderfully, but now its broken and can not create multiple copies. I don't burn a lot of disks these days but when I do its almost certain I need multiple copies.

How can I revert to the version that came with my original 10.04 (64-bit) install or one perhaps a prior version to the current I have been "updated" to 2.30.2-0ubuntu1?

From what I can find with Google 10.04 shipped with 2.30.0-0ubuntu1
    So either it or 2.30.1 is what I need to find.

How do I force a "downgrade" to what used to work for me?
    Your commitment to Freedom is measured by your tolerence for others doing things you disapprove.

Beans

Re: Reverting 10.04 to earlier versions of Brasero

Bump.

I was able to find what purport to be the original and intrmediate Brassero versions on launchpad, but I'm still unclear on how to install them and block the automatic update of them

It is also confusing as to what package actually has the Nautilus integration that pops up when I insert a blank CD. This is all I really need to use and have never wanted to create a "project" by starting Brasero itself. Doing this would be saying that the Nero on Windows way is "ideal". Its not, my wife could never figure out how to burn a disk with Nero, but she can with the Nautilus integration (or she could when it worked )
    Your commitment to Freedom is measured by your tolerence for others doing things you disapprove.