Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Calibri font alternative

Beans

Re: Calibri font alternative

Quote Originally Posted by duruttye View Post
    Well, actually it isn't solved, or did I miss the part where someone suggested another font that looks like Calibra?

The title says: Calibra font alternative. But there isn't any! Unfortunately...
    Well it has a solution in that I can buy Calibri fonts for $35, so I don't really need an alternative.

Graham

Beans

Since no one has really answered this question, I thought I would.

FreeSans does a good job of mimicking the default MS Word settings (Calibri 11) at these settings:

Character/Font/FreeSans 10
    Paragraph/Spacing/Below Paragraph: 0.12"
    Paragraph/Line Spacing/Proportional of: 125%

Although not perfect, the average bear will not be able to tell the difference without doing a critical comparison against another document.

Although not technically as close, I am also impressed with Verdana 9 set at the same spacing as above. I'm not sure why, to my eye it does an even better job of imatiting Calibri. But either one should work.

Ithiel

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ithiel View Post
    Since no one has really answered this question, I thought I would.

FreeSans does a good job of mimicking the default MS Word settings (Calibri 11) at these settings:

Character/Font/FreeSans 10
    Paragraph/Spacing/Below Paragraph: 0.12"
    Paragraph/Line Spacing/Proportional of: 125%

Although not perfect, the average bear will not be able to tell the difference without doing a critical comparison against another document.

Although not technically as close, I am also impressed with Verdana 9 set at the same spacing as above. I'm not sure why, to my eye it does an even better job of imatiting Calibri. But either one should work.

Ithiel
    Thanks,

That is still really useful, even with Calibri available to buy, and a better option.

Cheers,

Graham

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I came accross this thread by chance...

The free and open source font Asap is very close to Calibri, much more than FreeSans or Open Sans.

http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/asap

It is a tiny bit bigger than Calibri, so just check your line spacing and font sizes.
    Etienne Snyman
    Living life in danger is real living. The rest is television.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123