Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to go from 10.10 to 10.04?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Is it possible to go from 10.10 to 10.04?

Quick question, I recently 'upgraded' from 10.04 to 10.10 but I'm not liking the changes since a lot of things now seem 'broken', the internet being the most important of these.
    Is there an easy way to go back to the previous version or will I have to reinstall?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Is it possible to go from 10.10 to 10.04?

The only way to go back to 10.04 is by re-installing it.
    What problems are you experiencing? What is your wireless card - if that is the problem?
    MacBook Pro 10,1 retina

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Quackers View Post
    The only way to go back to 10.04 is by re-installing it.
    What problems are you experiencing? What is your wireless card - if that is the problem?
    It's not one major problem, it's lots of little annoying things like the breadcrumbs not displaying properly in Nautilus anymore or Docky leaving a trail behind it when the sidebar dodges.

I have a wired connection, up until upgrading it was working fine.

I've always loved Ubuntu for its ease of use - whenever I've upgraded in the past things just seemed to 'work' so its quite disappointing that this isn't the case this time.

Reinstalling shouldn't too much of a problem for me since I have my files backed up with Deja-dup and I have the installation disk available too but I would prefer not having to go through all the hassle really.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

It is often suggested here that the LTS releases are more suitable for most installations. They are supported for 3 years (as opposed to just 18 months for intermediate releases) and appear to be more hardware compatible.
    MacBook Pro 10,1 retina

Beans
    Distro

It is often suggested here that the LTS releases are more suitable for most installations. They are supported for 3 years (as opposed to just 18 months for intermediate releases) and appear to be more hardware compatible.
    Hmm yeah, I guess I should have just stuck with the LTS. Do you think that waiting 'til 11.04 and seeing if the problems are still there would be a good idea though? Like I said, most of the issues I'm having (except for the internet not working) aren't really major problems and definitely don't make it unusable...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I don't think 11.04 will be an LTS either. I would recommend trying any upgrade via the live cd before installing it. Of course that means you would have to download it anyway.
    To be honest I don't know why your ethernet connection doesn't work any more, unless support for your adapter has been dropped - which is probably doubtful.
    MacBook Pro 10,1 retina

Beans
    Distro

I don't think 11.04 will be an LTS either. I would recommend trying any upgrade via the live cd before installing it. Of course that means you would have to download it anyway.
    To be honest I don't know why your ethernet connection doesn't work any more, unless support for your adapter has been dropped - which is probably doubtful.
    I know that 11.04 won't be an LTS since they only come out every two years but I was hoping that perhaps some of the problems would be fixed.
    Thanks for your help though, I will make sure everything's backed up and just reinstall sometime soon I guess

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by lsk3993 View Post
    EDIT: I see what you mean about the double posts, just happened now with a two minute gap between the two somehow >_<
    Yes, the appropriate authorities are aware of the forum problem. Hopefully it will be fixed soon
    MacBook Pro 10,1 retina

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Think I got them all ... at least in this thread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by forestpiskie View Post
    Think I got them all ... at least in this thread
    Lol, I don't envy you your task at the moment!
    MacBook Pro 10,1 retina

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast