Thread: File Manager Not Responding on quit

Beans

File Manager Not Responding on quit

Lynx amd64

Honestly don't know what to make of this, any advise is appreciated. Is the error report below the result of one problem or many?

--- cut from terminal 8< ---

me247@my-desktop:~$ nautilus
    Xlib: extension "RANDR" missing on display ":0.1".
    Xlib: extension "RANDR" missing on display ":0.1".

(nautilus:2076): Unique-DBus-WARNING **: Error while sending message: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)

(nautilus:2076): Unique-DBus-WARNING **: Error while sending message: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

--- >8 end of paste ---

File Manager Not Responding - error shows when shutting down or re-booting

I can't suss out if this is a X server problem or Nautilus.
    The system is defiantly slower to boot-up, one of the two VDUs I use is rotated counter clockwise and has been for a long time before I tried installing the Elementary-Theme (http://www.elementary-project.com/)

Since then I've had issues mounting/unmounting NTFS drives, viewing the Wastebasket and other locations in my Places.

I've removed Elementary-Theme, Compiz and re-installed Nautilus to no-avail.

Looking for some sage support before ditching the whole lot and re-installing from scratch.
    Last edited by quandry247; January 10th, 2011 at 11:48 PM.

Beans

Re: File Manager Not Responding on quit

Turns out that the Elementry-Theme has issues with duel screen set-ups.
    Ditched my second VDU in favour of eye-candy, but not before I'd removed Nautilus completely and rebooted. For those of you who don't know, THAT'S BAD.

thankfully -
    apt-get install ubuntu-desktop
    - was my friend when entered from the recovery option and dropping to the root user.