Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removing Ubuntu..

Beans

Removing Ubuntu..

I have had ubuntu for about a week and It's not that great.
    I was starting to get used to it and ignore the little flaws, but now I am DONE.
    i can not download games or anything. it sucks.
    I have downloaded a torrent with the whole installation kit of windows 7.
    Where do I go from here?
    How do I go about removing Ubuntu and getting windows 7 back??

Please help?!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Removing Ubuntu..

What games do you want? You must realize that Ubuntu has a different set of games than Windows and Mac. Unless you use WINE, you cannot run Windows (.exe) applications. One of the First Person Shooters (FPS) that I like is AssaultCube.

Open up a terminal (Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal) and type:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install assaultcube
    There are other, larger FPS, with more details, but for me AssaultCube does what I want it to.

Also, downloading Windows from the Internet is Illegal. Also, you need a special key to install it. As in pass code not physical key.

Cipherboy
    Last edited by cipherboy_loc; January 11th, 2011 at 08:03 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

2 posts - you really asked for help -

Besides being illegal on the win dows 7 torrent, what do you think you're getting? Probably a remastered version sending all of your info to China
    MY KID <<<<<<

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cipherboy_loc View Post
    What games do you want? You must realize that Ubuntu has a different set of games than Windows and Mac. Unless you use WINE, you cannot run Windows (.exe) applications. One of the First Person Shooters (FPS) that I like is AssaultCube.

Open up a terminal (Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal) and type:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install assaultcube
    There are other, larger FPS, with more details, but for me AssaultCube does what I want it to.

Also, downloading Windows from the Internet is illegial. Also, you need a special key to install it. As in passcode not physical key.

Cipherboy

Just so you know, I was trying to download The Sims.
    I do realize that the games are different.
    Obviously.

I am aware of the actions that I am making.
    Are you aware that you would have a better chance in life if you'd practice your spelling and not lecturing me?

Meaning- "illegial" is really spelled "Illegal"

Also, "passcode" is really spelled "pass code"

and as if it is any of your business after being such a smart ***, I DO have the pass code to install the software.

Well, You fail at trying to be a smart ***.
    you just made yourself look ignorant.
    Thanks though.
    I always enjoy a good laugh.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ronnielsen1 View Post
    2 posts - you really asked for help -

Besides being illegal on the win dows 7 torrent, what do you think you're getting? Probably a remastered version sending all of your info to China

I am aware of the exactly place I got my download. I am aware of exactly what I am getting.
    Why do you people feel the need to lecture about ridiculous matters that you OBVIOUSLY have no idea of what it is you are talking about??
    I thought you people were supposed to help.
    Obviously not.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I recommend you call Microsoft tech support and give them your torrent pass code so they know how to assist you with your installation.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Michelle.fuller1990 for gods sake take a chill pill !!

You can not remove Ubuntu, just format the drive & install what ever OS you want !
    Linux Registered User #443947 Ubuntu Regestered User #12604

Hakunamatata ...... No worries !

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I notice that you're still visiting (profile). If you could post the Little flaws that you're talking about, then someone could help you. My computer doesn't have little flaws but you might have to change settings based on your computer. It's worth it if you give the time to learn a new Operating System and then you'll notice windows little flaws
    MY KID <<<<<<

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hi

Nobody here is going to tell you how to install a pirated version of windows 7 here. If you think different you are using the wrong forum and surely mistaken.

If you want help with Ubuntu post your queries by creating other threads.

Kind regards
    Join us on irc at #ubuntuforums. For web chat see here

If you believe everything you read, you better not read. ~ Japanese Proverb

Do not read newspapers on an empty stomach ~ Russian Proverb ~ BrunoLotse

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Just make the Win 7 DVD from your download and boot from it. It'll take care of the rest, including formatting the drive and installing its bootloader. And relax a bit...asking how to install from a torrent download of Windows does send up lots of red flags in people's minds because it gives the perception of illegal activity by downloading a copy of Windows. Whether it is or is not is up to you to deal with, and if you have the key code the point is moot, but the claim of a downloaded copy of Windows appears to have started the hostility. Well, that and the appearance that the software has problems without investing sufficient time to find out completely what it is all about, how it works, what it can do and what it cannot, ways to work around some compatibility issues (using VM, Wine, etc.) and others.

It's not easy to switch from Windows in all cases and if it doesn't run Windows software it's because it wasn't designed to. It looks like you were able to get the OS that will support your requirements and just following the normal Windows install steps will care for your concern with removing Ubuntu and starting fresh. Just keep in mind if it's a full blown copy of Win 7 and not a OEM copy, the time to install will be much longer because you will be getting each driver individually and having many updates to install. I just went through those steps and you can count on a 2-3 hour install process, especially if MS Office, iTunes, printer and other drivers are involved. It's quite tedious and that's from experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast