Thread: Audio out of sync after creating .iso using brasero with version 10.04

Beans

Audio out of sync after creating .iso using brasero with version 10.04

Hello. First time poster.

I am attempting to backup DVDs that I own to .iso format so that I'm able to watch them using xbox media center. I've simply been copying the entire DVD to my HD in .iso using brasero.

When I watch the .iso file in XBMC, the audio is a fraction of a second ahead of the video. The gap between the audio and video doesn't seem to change over the duration of the clip.

What are the likely causes of this issue? I've read that it could be a slow processor, little ram, or inadequate video card. If it's indeed a hardware issue, I suppose I'm SOL with my current laptop: a 2006 dell with a core 2 duo processor, 2GB ram, and a middle of the road video card at that time.

Is there any software tweak I can explore to get the .iso file to sync properly?

Also, I know it's customary for posters to list their system specifications, but I don't know how to call up my software or hardware setups. If somebody will post that then I'll attach it to my signature.

Thanks in advance for any advice for a relative newb... I know how to copy and paste into terminal but that's about it!

Beans

Re: Audio out of sync after creating .iso using brasero with version 10.04

...or if this has been solved before, a link to a previous thread would suffice. I've been unable to find an appropriate thread, though.

Thank you again in advance. Sorry for the double post.